"I am anonymous in this world, a variable...X...in this equation; Unknown, I am...the X Faktor."

Monday, February 16, 2009

SIGMA Lenses


Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4.5 DC MACRO Lens

My intentions when buying this lens were to replace both my kit Sony lens (18-70mm) and my Sony T500 camera (macro camera).  I bought it off eBay and received it this night for $320.  It retails for $610. This lens is highly versatile. I took it out of the box and was impressed with its macro capabilities.  When zoom set at 70mm, I can focus as close as one centimeter from the lens, with a 1/4.5 aperature.  Excellent.  Great quality, great finish, and compatibility with my Sony Alpha.  A very solid, yet durable and versatile lens.



SIGMA 70-300mm f/4-5.6

This lens, however, I just bought tonight after seeing how great the first one was, I couldn't help but want to replace my Sony 75-300mm lens.  This one retails for $210, I bought new for $150, (but only because I added $10 for 2nd day air shipping)  Should be nice.

No comments: