"I am anonymous in this world, a variable...X...in this equation; Unknown, I am...the X Faktor."

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Happening

M. Night Shyamalan's mind just totally "jukes" mine whenever I watch a film of his.

The Happening, came out in theaters this past Friday (the 13th). I screened it just tonight, and for an 80min (91 total) film, it felt more like a 110min film because of the interest it sparked in me.

The film starts off with an especially disturbing/sparking event that instantly grabs your attention, Ten Hut!, and now you need to see the rest. It kept me on the edge of my seat, it reminded me of the film, The Core. It was easy to watch this with the slick Mark Whalberg as main role; he definitely took charge, but also displayed a softer sounding side as opposed to the "sharp" Shooter.
Basically, without revealing too much, people start acting weird, I mean really weird, and then do even weirder things, and all because of the "wind" that spreads across the northeast.....e.g. My area, PA, NJ, & NY. This is the second film in the past few days I've viewed that takes place in my tri-state area.

Rated R for violent & disturbing images.
very disturbing images.

7.2/10

No comments: