"I am anonymous in this world, a variable...X...in this equation; Unknown, I am...the X Faktor."

Monday, June 16, 2008

PreRelease Commentary 3

Drillbit Taylor. A Sandlot-ish comedy with Owen Wilson where high school freshmen hire a homeless desperate bodyguard [Wilson] to protect them from a psychotic bully who is seemingly above the law.

Fresh after watching Be Kind Rewind, I was in the B-rated-movie-mode, so I was all warmed up for this one. It's surprising, and has it's relatable funny moments, with Wilson and his typical performance and devilish good looks. (he inherited my advice, I see ;)

There are definitely engaging parts in the film where you'll be gripping your seat, sensing the way it seems it used to be, having flashbacks being in that position. Beware. I never had a bully, except the whole school on my back, but no one that stood out entirely, but it did make me revisit my high school days. Didn't like that.
That uneasy feeling will come up alot in this movie...even if you watch it alone.

PG-13 for language, crude humor, and crude slanguage.

6.5/10

No comments: